DID YOU KNOW?
15 people per year are killed working in confined spaces*
Does your organisation need support complying with the 1997 Confined Space regulations?
Our medium-risk confined space training course focuses on providing delegates with a comprehensive insight into and understanding of the risks, hazards and dangers of working in medium-risk confined space environments.
Through a mixture of practical and theoretical based learning, delegates will be shown various methods of entry; they will gain the knowledge, competency and skills to work effectively in medium-risk confined spaces, operate a safe system of work, undertake a basic self and assisted rescue including the use of an escape breathing apparatus for working safely in medium-risk confined space environments.
This 2 Day Medium-Risk Confined Space course forms part of the overall range of confined space training, rescue and consultancy solutions we deliver to our clients;
- Low-risk confined space training
- Medium-risk confined space training
- High-risk confined space training
How will you and your delegates benefit?
The course syllabus works to the agreed National Occupational Standards and supports personnel looking to comply with industry legislation and learn best practice procedures for medium-risk confined space working and includes;
- Confined space legislation and regulations
- Identification and recognition of confined spaces
- Dangers associated with confined space areas
- Assessing changing conditions and hazardous atmosphere
- Taking multi gas monitor readings
- Human respiratory system
- Risk assessments
- How to issue permits to work
- Safer working systems for confined space
- Communication methods
- Disease and hygiene issues associated with confined spaces
- Using self-contained escape breathing apparatus
- Implementing emergency procedures
- Casualty rescue and recovery
*Related Medium-Risk Confined Space Links