Book GWO Working at Heights course with HFR Solutions
GWO Working at Heights training courses has been designed to meet the basic training and competency for all personnel working at height on wind turbines within the renewables sector. As offshore renewable teams ascend and descend both within the internal and external structure of a wind turbine on a frequent basis, working at height can be very much part of their normal routine.
Working at height is a risky business
Work undertaken at height carries a certain element of risk and hazard, so as employers or employees, you have a duty of care to ensure all the adequate precautions have been put in place for any tasks that need to be completed at height and that the work is undertaken by personnel, who can clearly display the confidence, competencies and knowledge to complete these tasks in a safe and controlled manner.
HFR Solutions deliver the GWO basic safety training modules
The 2 Day Working at Heights training module forms part of the overall suite of GWO Basic Safety Training modules that HFR Solutions delivers to delegates on a frequent basis from our first-class training infrastructure based within the Humber region;
GWO Working at Heights training module allows delegates to work towards and achieve GWO recognised industry qualification for working within the offshore wind sector.
How will you and your delegates benefit?
HFR Solutions provides first class work at height training facilities providing an ideal learning environment for delegates to learn best practice procedures and safe systems of work for working at height, evacuation and rescue of injured persons as well as the associated risks and relevant legislation.
Course syllabus complies with GWO standards and covers;
- Work at height health and safety legislation
- General wind turbine safety rules
- Hazards associated with wind turbine generators activities
- Equipment for working at height
- Safe working processes for:
- Ascending and descending within the tower or base
- Working in the yaw platform
- Working in or on wind turbine nacelle
- Associated fall protection systems and ladders in and on wind turbine generators
- Potential incidents and emergencies encountered in a wind turbine generator
- Relevant rescue techniques for recovery of a casualty both conscious and unconscious from a
- Vertical ladder
- Nacelle side
- Escape equipment – the selection, inspection process and use (constant rate descender)
- Best practice casualty rescue
- Evacuation procedures – self-rescue from a wind turbine nacelle in an emergency
HFR Solutions expertise providing specialist emergency response and advanced rescue training to the renewables sector
Delivering the GWO Basic Safety suite of training modules is just one method, in which we partner and support the offshore and renewables sector.
Our dedicated solutions support our partners to implement safe systems of work at offshore locations and maintain the competency of their offshore teams through the delivery of;
- Advanced and hub rescue training (Work at height)
- Offshore and onshore rescue exercises and simulations
- Advanced medical response and training
- Emergency response planning & training
- Rescue plans and consultancy
- Safety audits
Booking your GWO Work at Heights training with HFR Solutions provides total reassurance that you and your delegates will learn best practice principles for undertaking work at height relevant to working in an offshore location, which complies with GWO work at height training standards.