Book GWO Manual Handling course with HFR Solutions
The GWO Manual Handling training course will reinforce correct and positive manual handling techniques and safe working practices. By implementing best practice lifting techniques and manual handling behaviours, delegates will be able to perform manual handling activities in a safe and controlled manner.
Learn best practice manual handling principles
Offshore teams consisting of technicians, contractors and operations and maintenance specialists will be required to undertake a variety of tasks once on site at a wind farm location. Therefore, serious consideration must be given for the transportation of any equipment and tools required to successfully complete these jobs. This may involve transferring heavy equipment from shoreline to offshore locations, which may provide a manual handling headache and logistical challenge.
HFR Solutions delivers all elements GWO basic safety training modules
The 1/2 Day GWO Manual Handling training module forms part of the overall suite of GWO Basic Safety Training modules that HFR Solutions CIC delivers;
Book GWO Manual Handling online with HFR Solutions today
How will you and your delegates benefit?
HFR Solutions GWO Manual Handling course syllabus will cover all key elements of best practice manual handling procedures relevant to the renewables sector, which include;
- Employers and employee health and safety duties
- Relevant legislation, guidance and standards and how it affects you
- Injury and incident reporting
- Hierarchical approach – manual handling outline
- Risk and hazards associated with manual handling
- Potential for injury – principles of spinal and shoulder anatomy
- Injury symptoms – neutral body posture and the signs
- Pre and post equipment use checks
- Housekeeping, planning and environmental factors
- Benefit of stretches, warms up, causes and consequences of injury
- Early detection and treatment
- Control measures and risk assessment
- Safe lifting procedures and techniques
HFR Solutions partners some various leading players from within the renewables sector to support the implementation of safe systems of wok through the delivery of solutions such as:
- Offshore and onshore rescue exercises and simulations
- Advanced and hub rescue training
- Emergency response planning & training
- Rescue plans and consultancy
- Advanced medical response and training
- Safety audits
Book GWO Manual Handling training with HFR Solutions will ensure your delegates will learn best practice manual handling and lifting principles that comply with GWO standards for your team and contractors who work at offshore windfarm locations.